Poll

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Todays Bible passage

OK I realise my last blog was straight into it nothing about me or my life so I will Give you a little in site before I get to Today's topic I'm 'Jane' from 'Norm High' (which isn't all that norm but you will find out more when school goes back) I as you may have noticed I am a committed Christian and a newbie to blogging. Like most female teens in my year I have a crush but unlike most female teens I have decided with the help of God to wait until I'm at least 18. My crush my be returned but I'd rather wait anyway, its just a crush not the permanent thing called love.

OK I think I've said enough for today onto the topic

Revelation 3 19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 2o Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens up the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

This verse means that no matter how much God loves us we still need to be punished but If we repent (ask for forgiveness) and accept Jesus Christ into you hart and dwell with him our sins are wiped clean.

thanks for reading
-'Jane'

2 comments:

Water said...

I admire your caution in the world of love. Indeed, love is a commitment, one that most of us can't make at our young age, so we shouldn't be fooling around with it. If we can see that we're not ready, then God knows that we're not ready. And I'm sure that God is still working on us as individuals, before he sends us off to share in His love with another person.

God does punish us for our sins. We are sinners, and cannot escape the consequences God has put on our actions. I also think that Him standing at the door and knocking refers to the lessons that God teaches us after we sin. In every sin, there is a chance to learn, to turn back to Him, and to grow stronger in the relationship with Him when we see that, regardless of how horrible we are, He's still willing to "eat" with us.

My sins make me want to do the right thing even more. I know that I can never be perfect, but the very least I can do in the eyes of perfection (God) is do the right thing (or try to be perfect).


I love to read the Bible, discuss verses, and think about Godly things! You have a great thing started here!



KJ
I appreciate your comment on my blog. Thank you for reading what I have to say.
I have to tell you... I really do not want to come off as commanding in my writings, and additional or contrary thoughts. I try to think things through, and I try to look deeper into the Word, and life. Acting like I'm a "know-it-all" is the very last thing I want to do. I'm just thinking on here. I try to keep a humble mindset, but I fear that someone could read my words and think that I am a prideful, narrow-minded person.
But my only goal is not to contradict, but to explore the Truth. To me that is the greatest goal of life: to live a life of Truth (I believe that God is the truth, and I pursue Him passionately).

I just want to let you know that I respect everything you say, and I only add to bring another perception to the discussion.

Thank you!

Water said...

Hi again!

I'm looking forward to your next entry!


KJ